A few problems remain with Textise.
I have no idea what’s going on with the Eurogamer site but I can’t work out how to deal with their relative links. The problem only seems to manifest itself on “go to page 2”-type links when reading through reviews. Annoying but not the end of the world.
URLs with single apostrophes in them really mess up. I discovered this when searching for the (brilliant) new Wii game “Little King’s Story” using Textise. URL-encoding doesn’t seem to change single apostrophes and the manual fix I tried didn’t work either. The problem is that I’m having to all sorts of escaping and encoding to make the thing work so I’m a bit worried that fixing this might cause a problem elsewhere. One for the “to do” pile, I think.
And I still haven’t sorted out “../” links.
In spite if these shortcomings, I’ve courageously decided to add begging links. Sorry, PayPal “donation” links. Well, Textise is free but I do actually have to pay for hosting, you know. Not only that, but I’m now using Google Adwords to advertise. This also costs me money but it has led to a marked increase in hits. So, welcome to all our new users!
On a personal note, I’ve had swine ‘flu all this week but I didn’t tell anyone because I don’t want to be on the news.